Friday, November 7, 2008

Snowbird Journal Nov 7, 2008




On the contest to name our make believe RV, the winner is. Well, actually we have two winners. Pat who submitted the name Exxon Valdez. And Amy who sent in the name Jabba, The Hut. Prizes will be coming their way. Thanks to Jim, Larry, Juan, Jack, and Ed for playing.

We've been busy the last few days. Jim and Amy wanted our help in cleaning up their backyard in preparation of a new patio and garden. All of us pitched in and the backyard is now stripped bare, except for two Agave plants. We have also completed work on our sunscreen. It's just a terrible thing to be in a place where the sun is just too hot to sit in during the late afternoon. I know that all of you share our pain. We'll try to be brave.

A few nights ago I was just leaving the shower room when a lady stopped me in the hall and ask me to go back in and ask her husband Scott if he needed any lotion. Now, I knew that Scott was in the 2nd shower and I could have prefaced my question to Scott that it was being relayed from his wife. But I decided that it wouldn't be any fun to do it that way. So I just yelled over his shower door, "Hey, do you need any lotion in there?" You should have heard the quaver in his voice as he answered, "n-o-o-o".
I dutifully reported to the wife that he didn't need any. I wonder what he told her when they met up again! I just hope they were passing through and not winter residents as the wife can identify me.

Betsy and I are enjoying watching Little Elizabeth grow. She's now holding her head up and looking about. Her favorite thing is to lay on her play mat and look at the baby in the mirror.

Tipper has been cactus free for three days in a row. He hasn't gotten any smarter, but his people have. We are slowly learning the layout of Tucson streets, but have relied on our Garmin heavily. We have also been overwhelmed by all the activities in a large city. There are so many things to do.

Today we're going to drive up to Oracle, AZ and see what it's like. It's about half way between Tucson and Gilbert (where Jeff, Lisa, and James live) so a possible relocation city.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah I won! Now, whats the prize?

The sun shade looks great, I cannot wait to see what you've done in person.

Shhhh...I would not brag about the heat too much to those not experiencing it, they might get jealous and some disowning could occur my displeased family members.

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Betsy, send your address or coordinates. Hagers thinking of coming your way. Jeff has 2 weeks off at Christmas. love and kisses. Karen