Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Up, Up, And Away--Mar 24, 2009




About two miles from ye old trailer park ( Oop's, Betsy keeps reminding me that we are living in an RV Resort) there is a field where they fly radio control airplanes.  When I have a few minutes I'll run up there to watch them fly.  They've come a long way from the string control weapons that were available when I was a kid.  I received one of the old ones as a Christmas gift one year.  I remember that trying to start it was very dicey.  I'm probably very lucky that my fingers are still intact.  I did manage to fly it--once.  It went straight up and then straight down.  It was a beautiful flight until it hit the ground about 3 seconds later.  So much for my budding aviation career.  The radio control planes of today are quite something.  Some even have retractable landing gears.  I really enjoy looking at the various types of planes being flown and especially the size that they've become.   Enjoy the pictures.

No comments: