Saturday, October 23, 2010

2010 Fall Trip--10/20 Arches National Park




After two nights in Bluff, UT it was time to move on. Our next destination was Moab, UT and Arches National Park. Getting to Moab was a short drive of 2 hours north. After checking in at our campground we headed to Arches. I'm sure you've all seen pictures of the many natural arches formed by eon's of wind and water erosion so I'll only publish one here. We found an off road vantage point of an arch that Betsy wanted to sketch. While she did that I took a trail that went up a huge formation of rock. When I got to the top I found that I wasn't alone. There was a raven sitting on a rock next to a small cairn that someone had left. At first I thought the raven was injured since I could get quite close, but he would hop around and then fly to a different location but never really left. I would make a kissing sound and it would look at me and then make a response noise. Of course all this time I was taking pictures like mad. What a great treat.

No comments: