Monday, June 26, 2017

June 17--Edinburgh

Yesterday we rode the train back to the park and ride lot, retrieved the car and headed to the next B&B which was in a suburb of Edinburgh called Portobello which is on the Firth of Forth and is a beach community.  We could see the beach from our bedroom window.  We headed back into town via the bus and spent some time in the Princes Street Gardens where Betsy sketched and I walked around the park.  Since the Scottish National Gallery was next to the park we took a look.  After that we headed to New Town for a stroll.  I think we were tired because the crowds of people got to us, it was a warm day so we headed back to the B&B via bus and walked along the beach until dinner time.  One of the places the B&B recommended was a tapas restaurant which is something I've wanted to try.  Tapas are a Spanish food.  We each ordered 3 different tapas and enjoyed them.
I forgot to mention that a night or two before I had tried a small portion of the dreaded haggis. I actually liked it--had a good taste, very rich, and was peppery.  I ask the waitress if the peppery taste was normal and she said it was.

No comments: