Friday, October 31, 2008

Snowbird Journal Oct 31, 2008 Tucson


The past 3 days it's been 88 or above. It is warm but I absolutely refuse to complain. The TV weatherman say that normally it isn't this warm and that it will cool off next week. Speaking of weathermen, I have made an effort to watch as many of the local guys as possible to see which one seemed to know what he was talking about. Then it dawned on me--they don't have to forecast. All they have to do is say, "It will be sunny and _________ (fill in temp) degree's." Yesterday we hooked up our second TV in the trailer--that's right we now have 2 TV's within our 25 feet of space. I can lay in my bunk and see them both actually. Talk about living high on the hog. We also took advantage of our poor son in law and dumped a bunch of stuff in his garage. We're still fighting the time difference so needless to say we're up a bit early. When the sun comes up we take our walk. We have noted that while we may be the smallest and certainly the oldest trailer in the park we will have to do some work to even approach some of these people in the area of tacky. In an effort to get on AZ time we pulled the shades, turned on the AC and purposely took a nap this afternoon. Maybe we can stay up till 9 PM tonight.

The picture is my new dream machine. Thirty eight feet of gleaming white fiberglass, with a penthouse bedroom! Are you kidding me? I figure that if the Denver Circle, Betsy & I, plus Ed and LeeAnn all chipped in we could probably come close to affording it.
If we wanted to fill it up with gas, and actually go somewhere we'd most likely have to recruit some new investors. Wouldn't that be a hoot? All of us traveling together. The first thing we would do is give our new home a name. So I'm sponsoring a contest to name our make believe new RV. This contest is open to all readers of this blog (please read conditions below). Send me your suggestion by Friday, Nov 7th. I will be the judge and will choose a winner who will receive a prize. If I were participating my choice for the name would be MOBY. This offer void in Bronx, NY; Utah; Spain; the wrong side of the tracks; Guam; and Arkansas. Please consult your physician if dizzyness, irritability, constipation, itching of the armpits, headaches, or nausea occurs. If these conditions exist please call 1-800-WHO-CARES immediately.

7 comments:

Pat M said...

Exxon Valdez
Pat

Amy said...

Jabba the Hut

Anonymous said...

Hola, Sr. & Sra. Kimbrough - good blog, I like to participate in the contest... My family from Spain, but I recently moved to US. Looking forward to meeting you in Yellowstone this summer.
My entry for RV name;
El Gato Gordo (Fat Cat, in case you not good with Spanish)

Juan Pablo Sanchez-Ruiz

Anonymous said...

Economy Killer

"his-self" said...

If all of us from The Circle were residents as well, you'd better call it "Russian Roulette" because sooner or later there would be a large BANG!

Anonymous said...

White Castle
Only top sirloin burgers served.
Jack M

Anonymous said...

How about "The Merk Cruiser"??? By the way, is it a toy hauler Class A? Larry could have his Ruckus and I could bring my hawg - now wouldn't that be fun!!!!