Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 10--13, Raleigh



Well, we're finally seeing the sight that stared the idea for this whole trip--James! My how he's grown since Christmas. He will be two years old on Sunday, April 13th. I'll tell you, chasing after a 2 year old all day is not easy. We have parked the trailer in the Wm. Umstead State Park which is within the city limits of Raleigh and about 10 minutes from Jeff and Lisa's house. We've basically left the trailer so that we can spend more time with Jeff, Lisa, and James. Saturday we attended James soccer practice. Watching fifteen two year olds running and crawling and kicking the ball was a hoot. I was amazed that the little one's were actually following instructions for the most part. The kids today are certainly doing more at two years than we were expected to do. When I was two I think my higher learning activities were sucking my thumb and eating dirt. Jamie (Grandpaw)

We had a great visit with the young Kimbrough's. Yes, it takes alot of energy to keep up with little James. We were excited to find he and Tipper have both grown up enough to co-exist. Lisa and I left the boys at soccer and took off for Ornamentea a very cool bead shop in downtown Raleigh for a day of beading/jewelery making basics. We had a great time and came home with some very nice jewelery. Betsy (Grammy)
Pictures 1. James playing soccer in the front yard 2. James enjoying his birthday gifts--boots, rake, gardening gloves, trowel

1 comment:

Amy said...

Are two year olds busier now than 35 years ago?